The metadata is an important file which is written in TSDL language. The metadata
has the the description about the native trace. It defines the structure of native
If the metadata exactly defines the structure of native trace then the trace can be
analyzed in the babeltrace and the Trace Compass.
Important Parts of LTTng to convert the native trace to LTTng trace:
1) trace object: It has CTF version, packet.header etc.
2) env object: It define the hostname,trace name etc.
3) clock object: It define the clock’s frequency, offset etc.
4) packet.context object: It define the timestamp, content size, packet size etc.
4) event.header object: There are two types of event.header one is event_header_compact
and another one is event_header_large.
5) stream object: It inclues event.header and packet.context.
5) event object: It define the event of trace and the metadata can have many events.
It includes all the parts we have defined above.
Once metadata for native trace is ready. Import it in Trace Compass software for anlysis.